Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Revlon - just Bitten Lipstain and Balm Frenzy 015 Review


Revlon - just Bitten Lipstain and Balm Frenzy 015 Review
Revlon  Just Bitten Frenzy 015
Since 2012, Revlon has been creating a lot different lines of lip colour products. One of them is this Just Bitten Lipstain and Balm. The interesting part of this product is that it is double sided. One side is the "lip stain" and the other is the "balm" to be honest, I didn't get to make much use out of the balm, it doesn't really moisturize well and makes it harder to apply the lipstain. The balm broke during the first week of using this lipstain so it seemed quite useless to have.

Revlon - just Bitten Lipstain and Balm Frenzy 015 Review
how it looks on my lips 
impressions:
  • little colour
  • enhances my "dry" lips
  • interesting applicator
  • too dry
  • sweet raspberry smell/taste

Where to buy:
Like most Revlon products, you will be able to find this product at your local drug store (e.g. Watsons, Shoppers Drug Mart, Wegmans, Rexall, Walmart, etc).

Applicator:
Revlon - just Bitten Lipstain and Balm Frenzy 015 Review
marker tip like applicator
the applicator is really interesting, it looks and feels like a marker, so when I apply lipstain, it feels like I'm drawing this product onto my lips.I actually like this applicator because it is really easy to "outline" my lips and then fill in the colour. Unfortuantely, there is a downside to this applicator, despite being like a marker, it's colour is not vivid and the product is constantly dry. it takes a lot of effort and a lot of shaking and patience before you can draw out and "colour" your lips.

Shows too much imperfection of my lips
Revlon - just Bitten Lipstain and Balm Frenzy 015 Review
see the difference, nice subtle colour
I like the raspberry smell and taste to this lipstain but I do not like (as with most lipstains) is that it dries out my lips. The worse part is not drying out the skin on my lips but enhancing the appearance of the dry skin on my lips. You can see from the pictures, my lips were fully chapped (the winter has been harsh to skin with record lows throughout), on the side where I have used this product, instead of hiding the peeled skin, it enhanced their appearance making them look more chapped than they really are.

Precision & waterproof
Revlon - just Bitten Lipstain and Balm Frenzy 015 Review
precision 
The marker makes it a lot easier to make precise lines, but it is hard to "colour" in. The colour is hardly build-able.I always get frustrated because I am not able to make the colour more intense.

Revlon - just Bitten Lipstain and Balm Frenzy 015 Review
attempt to remove it

The lipstain is alcohol based, once you have passed the 3-5 minute mark, it is almost impossible to remove this product... you can compare the before and after pictures. I tried to use water and wipe, it just wouldn't come off. This is good if you are heading out, people will never know your secret to redder lips.

Conclusions and Verdict:
I really like the applicator, not so much the colour. I haven't had a chance to try the other colours in this line. The Lipstain is perfect if you plan to go out for a very long time (e.g. shopping, lunch, dinner, partying etc) because the colour does not really wear off (good for almost 5-8 hours).  However, because the product's colour is not strong and shows the "imperfection" of my lips, I do not really like to wear it too much. Instead, I have decided to make it into a "lip liner" to create outlines when I need to "draw a specific shape" on my lips.

score: 5.5/10

website: http://www.revlon.ca/Revlon-Home/Products/Lips/Lipcolor/Just-Bitten-Lip-Stain-Balm.aspx

4 comments:

  1. good that it is permanent... I like the colour.... but I guess I will need to exfoliate my lips before using it! :O

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yup, they will need to be... glad you like the colour :)

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a horrible lip balm and it broke after a week? Omg! But relvon usually makes pretty good products...maybe this one is an exception.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah, I was quite disappointed they couldn't figure out a better way to place the lip balm... I think it was sticking out too much and it made it too fragile...

      Delete

LinkWithin