Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Swiss Chalet Rotisserie & Grill Restaurant review


It has been quite a while since I have been to Swiss Chalet. (I think the last time I was there, I was only a toddler), but Swiss Chalet has changed, they have improved themselves I was quite impressed by how good their quality and quantity has become. Prices are also extremely reasonable.

These were a few things I ordered.

Spicy Chipotle Chicken Linguine


Spicy Chipotle Chicken Linguine:
red onions, roasted button mushrooms, red peppers, spinach and chipotle pesto with roasted garlic cream sauce... is going to be delicious. But when it's made with our freshRotisserie Chicken, tossed with Linguine, and topped with Parmesan cheese, it's a 100% sure-fire winner. Oh, and did we mention the warm garlic toast

The Spicy Chipotle Chicken Linguine was the dish that surprised me the most. The Chipotle gave the pasta a beautiful Indian taste. It is something I have never tried any where else. It was also very filling... I only managed to eat 1/3 of this pasta in the restaurant and I was already so full. I know the plate makes it look like there isn't a lot... but trust me... there is A LOT.

Quarter Chicken & 1/3 Rack BBQ Ribs
Quarter Chicken & 1/3 Rack BBQ Ribs:
For those who just can’t choose between Swiss Chalet’s most famous entrées, opt for the mouth-watering combo of a Quarter of our famous Rotisserie Chicken and a 1/3 Rack of smoky BBQ Ribs all on one tasty plate. Served with coleslaw, home-style white or multigrain roll as well as your choice of side, you'll be glad you didn't choose one or the other!

available sides for entrees

I was quite impressed by their Quarter Chicken & 1/3 Rack BBQ Ribs and it is a good choice to choose this: 1. you get to taste their famous Chicken and 2. you can have more variety of food on your plate. There is definitely a reason why their chicken is "famous", the taste is mild but when you combine with their famous Swiss Chalet Sauce, it is very tasty.  However, I found the chicken to be slightly dry.

I found the ribs quite challenging to cut up though. The bbq sauce was nice.

The was impressed by the portions. I was very full (and even had left overs).


famous Swiss Chalet Sauce
Their famous Swiss Chalet Sauce tastes really nice too. I can't say I have fallen in love with it but it is definitely unique. It tastes like gravy mixed with some cinnamon and other kinds of herbs. I would actually choose their "regular gravy" over their Swiss Chalet Sauce though.

menu: https://www.swisschalet.com/menu/ribs

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin