Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Quinoa Crunchies review

Quinoa Crunchies review
Quinoa Crunchies

During winter time, I am especially careful as to what I snack on... since our metabolism goes down, I want to make sure I'm not eating anything that will cause me to gain unnecessary weight (>.<) 

Impression:
  • crunchy
  • tastes like a thick corn flake
  • coated with honey
  • roasted taste
  • sweet
  • a little pricey


Quinoa Crunchies review
close up of Quinoa Crunchies

I always try to look for snacks which are healthy to eat and taste good, Quinoa is one of the healthiest grain. So when I found these at Bulk Barns I was really excited.

According to the Mind Body Green here are 7 benefits of Quinoa:
Here are seven health benefits of Quinoa:
1. Quinoa is one of the most protein-rich foods we can eat. It is a complete protein containing all nine essential amino acids. 
2. Quinoa contains almost twice as much fiber as most other grains. 
3. Quinoa contains Iron. 
4. Quinoa contains lysine. Lysine is mainly essential for tissue growth and repair. 
5. Quinoa is rich in magnesium. Magnesium helps to relax blood vessels and thereby to alleviate migraines. 
6. Quinoa is high in Riboflavin (B2). B2 improves energy metabolism within brain and muscle cells and is known to help create proper energy production in cells. 
7. Quinoa has a high content of manganese. Manganese is an antioxidant, which helps to prevent damage of mitochondria during energy production as well as to protect red blood cells and other cells from injury by free radicals.


To be honest, the taste isn't very strong, it feels extremely light (in other words, quite tasteless), good thing is, it does satisfy your hunger. The ingredients contain only: Organic rice flour, organic Quinoa flour and organic cane sugar. I think this snack is perfect for Winter, you can snack healthily, while not having any guilty feelings! (and hopefully not gaining any unnecessary pounds! :D)


website: http://www.gogoquinoa.com/products/breakfast/crunchies-original/

2 comments:

  1. This sounds like a great snack! Ya I'm trying to eat some healthy snacks at work too like fruits pudding and jelly that are not too high in calories. Also because I like eating fruits but I don't want to buy them every week/day. I'd bring oranges and apples to work to snack on but I don't want to peel the orange and have my whole hand smelling like oranges all day. So I usually carry a banana with me to snack on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. eating fruits is good :) But sometimes I am scared of the sugar contents in them T___T yea! Bananas are good! :)

      what kind of pudding do you eat?

      Delete

LinkWithin