Monday, July 29, 2013

Gabby's Bar and Grill review

half price wings available every Monday and Wednesday

Gabby's is located on Bloor near Avenue road, it seem to be one of more affordable places (for a simple casual dinner). The restaurant is a bar/diner type of restaurant.

Due to the extremities, I will split this review into 3 parts: food, drinks and service. Read on and you will know what I mean:

Food:
Food was good quality given the price, I was quite satisfied with the tenderness and smoothness of the fried Halibut. The wings were average, we were fortunate to go there on Monday and make use of their half price wings. The portions were quite filling. We couldn't even finish the fries.

Halibut Fish and Chips

Drinks:
I ordered Cranberry juice, something you can't go wrong with because it is one of the MOST common drinks, I don't know WHAT type of cranberry did they use (or if it is even cranberry juice), it tasted like cranberry syrup (the artificial concentrated kind)

Service:
Service was TERRIBLE! I thought our waiter was friendly at first, but after asking several times and dealing with the server, I was absolutely disappointed. It was alright he kept forgetting our orders, his attitude was terrible, he made it seem like we were giving him so much trouble when all we wanted was some food and drinks (which were placed during our initial order). When we got the bill, it was approximately $30 (which is quite a deal), we didn't have change so we put in $40. When he picked up our money and bill, he had the guts to ask if we wanted any change....(?!?!?!), we were just speechless.

I am reconsidering whether I will return to Gabby's... the food (and perhaps price) seems to be the only thing that is worth going back for.


website: http://www.gabbys.ca

5 comments:

  1. Oh I've never been to this restaurant before but it sounds like service is pretty bad! I can't believe the waiter asked if you wanted to get change back. That's like $10 tips...which is a lot for a $30 meal. I'd only give $4 tips max, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, service is terrible... who would give so much tips for such poor service to begin with?

      I know they have a lot of other locations, I'm not sure if they are all the same >.<...

      Delete
  2. terrible service ruins your dining experience... no matter how good the food was... all it takes is one bad experience and you won't be going back to that place ever again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. absolutely agree! I haven't been back... and it's already been a year :O

      Delete
  3. bad service is such a huge turnoff.... people need to be trained how to serve!!

    - C

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin