Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Neutrogena Oil-free fresh moisture review



I was planning to do a review on this moisturizer however, after some research I discovered Neutrogena has discontinued this product. Such a shame! But for those of you who still have this product or you can manage to get this product (somehow) I will do a brief review on this product. I was told that Neutrogena has "improved" this product and replaced it with these as shown in this link. I haven't tried these out yet so I'm not sure how similar/different they are with this product.

I haven't really used Neutrogena products and this moisturizer gives me a reason to buy their products. This moisturizer, Neutrogena oil-free fresh moisture, is marketed as ultra-light moisturizer; leaves skin fresh and soft all day; A light moisturizer that provides optimal hydration for fresh, soft skin all day long.

To me, this moisturizer was "love at first application". The reason being is it is extremely lightweight and it is not greasy. It leaves a wonderful "matte finish" on your skin and makes it so easy to apply make up over it. And that is one of my primary uses for this moisturizer, as I treat it as a light "primer" for my pre-makeup face. It has a light scent to it (but it doesn't feel too artificial). My pores are very sensitive and if they are "clogged" with lotion, I instantly feel my skin breaking out, LUCKILY, I can confidently say it doesn't clog pores. It is water-based so it is very easy to spread (a little goes a long way - the directions indicate you should just apply a dime-sized amount and it will cover your whole face).

Unfortunately, this product didn't make my skin any softer than it was, it helped retain the moisture already present on my face but it didn't make it anymore hydrated (as it claims).

I find that due to it's lightness, this moisturizer is very good for those with normal to oily skin (as it doesn't clog your pores and wouldn't make your face more greasy than it already is). I find it works good during Spring/Summer and not so well during the harsh Fall/Autumn/Winter months.






2 comments:

  1. Your review is so descriptive with all these makeup and beauty terms! Such professional writing style, I need to learn from you! =P My product reviews are always so poorly written because I never know what kind of beauty terms to use to explain what I want to say about the product, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww thanks for your support! :) you're so sweet! I like reading your reviews and love the style you use too! :)

      Delete

LinkWithin