Tuesday, July 26, 2022

Kernel's Popcorn Seasoning - Canadian Cheddar review


I'm not sure what the proper term for this is, popcorn seasoning or popcorn dressing. Either way, you know what I am talking about. These are flavoured powders you put on your popcorn to give it a flavour, there are a few: ketchup, Sour Cream and Onion, White Cheddar, Ranch, Caramel, Salt and Vinegar, Dill Pickle, All Dressed and Canadian Cheddar.

I chose Canadian Cheddar because I have been craving cheese for the past few days.

Kernel's will always have a special place in my heart because it reminds me of going to the mall in Canada. Every mall in Toronto has a Kernel's shop and the moment you step inside of these malls, you can smell its popcorn and buttery presence. And, as a kid, every time I passed by a Kernel's, I would beg my mom to buy some popcorn. Their popcorn is very well made and their flavours are very distinct.

The Seasoning/dressing:
Kernel's popcorn seasoning/dressing is a light-weighted strong flavour concentrated powder.

impressions:

  • very cheddary
  • too powdery (I sneezed and sneezed and sneezed dispensing this)
  • hard to "spread" a lot of the powder did not stay on the popcorn
  • individually, they are bold cheddar, but they do a lot less flavouring on the popcorn
This is a really good idea... It certainly takes me down memory lane and this cheddar taste reminds me of their cheddary popcorn, but there is a huge difference between this popcorn seasoning and the cheddar popcorn you get at their store.

I hope their R&D team improves on the lightness of the powder (too light) and make improvements to the "strength" and boldness of its taste.

score: 7.8/10
website: https://www.kernelspopcorn.com/ (actual product can't be found on their website)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin