Tuesday, July 5, 2022

Japan McDonald's Lemon Ginger Coca Cola


I'm not sure why this is sitting in my drafts folder!! I wrote this back on July 3rd, 2018, keep in mind, that this is a late post! (late by four years)

While waiting in line, I saw this poster and decided to try it. According to their website it is the first Coca Cola drink in Japan to add in a Lemon Ginger taste. 裏・コーク is its name in Japanese (I couldn't find the translation for it).


lifted up to see the layers

I had to lift it up near the light for the camera to catch the thin yellow layer at the bottom. But in real life, it is quite prominent.

the camera couldn't catch the layers on the table

impressions:

  • very sweet lemon flavour... but no ginger taste
  • the lemony syrup didn't make the drink sweeter than it normally is
  • I really like the added lemon taste <3
  • I ordered this a few times, and once I forgot to stir in the syrup and drank... the syrup was VERY  VERY SWEEEEEEEEEEET


a shot of the layer, which is a shot of the lemon ginger syrup

I highly recommend this drink and I hope it comes back to Japan... and other McDonald's around the world.

score: 9.8/10 (0.2 deducted for not having a ginger taste when it claims it does)
website: http://www.mcdonalds.co.jp/quality/basic_information/menu_info.php?mid=6450

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin