Tuesday, February 19, 2019

Daiso's Peel Off Nail Polish review

Daiso's Peel Off Nail Polish review


in my last post about Daiso products, I had a bad experience, but let me tell you about something great I found at Daiso in this post.

Daiso's Peel Off Manicure was something that caught my eye when I was looking for their nail polish remover.

Although they need to work on their colour selection. I was able to grab a bottle I wanted to try. I couldn't take a picture as the store was completely packed (I was there on a Saturday afternoon).

Peel off nail polishes aren't new to me. I use to have a small collection but hated them because they were hard to spread... (in fact the few bottles I had made it seem as if I was spreading thick Elmer's School Glue and trying to make it fit onto the surface of my nails) so I was taking chances when I picked up this bottle.

Daiso's Peel Off Nail Polish review
my nails

I was sick when I applied this nail polish... apologies for the crappy application


pros:


  • very thin and easy to apply
  • the colour payoff is good (very opaque)
  • one coat is all you need (you don't even need a base coat!)
  • no nail polish scent (there was no scent to it)
  • dries very fast (only took less than 5 minutes, and I only needed one coat)
  • brush complemented my nail shapes very well
  • easy to spread
  • did not tint my nails
after showering

after chores >___<

cons:


  • avoid any sharp objects, once there is a tear, you will have to peel it off
  • not ideal for those who have to do a lot of chores or hands-on work
  • unless if you put a few layers (since it is thin) you won't have the satisfying one peel
  • a bit hard to "peel" I would suggest using some tools to assist
  • very temporary
  • hard to remove 

Daiso's Peel Off Nail Polish review
this was the result of the bits taken from one nail


to my surprise... and I was very surprised... this nail polish was very thin and easy to apply. It felt lighter than regular nail polish but once it dried it was completely opaque.

You can tell from the list of pros I am definitely very happy with my ¥100 Peel-Off Nail Polish.
I'm seriously considering to add a top coat and seal it so it can last longer. However, that being said, I wasn't impressed as it didn't "peel-off" as easily as the company claims, in fact, I didn't know how to get rid of it. Nail Polish remover did not remove it... I ended up having to scratch it or file it out... which was terrible.

What started out as a good product ended up being a "meh" product :(


Score: 5/10
website: no website

also... please check out my personal blog and follow me around Tokyo :)

1 comment:

LinkWithin