Tuesday, January 5, 2016

譚仔雲南米線 review

譚仔雲南米線 review

My friend introduced this place to me... I have been seeing their restaurants all over Hong Kong: from Causeway Bay to Mong Kok to Tsim Sha Tsui... it seems that they are everywhere. My friend highly recommended this place to me... at first, I was quite reluctant to try since it was a "dai pai dong"/ cha chan tang type of place... I generally am not a fan to go to these places.

On a side note... (mainly for my Japanese friends/readers), while I was researching about this restaurant, I discovered that Japanese travel guides have mentioned this chain too!

譚仔雲南米線 review
many choices, look at the tasty pictures

They have a diverse menu of noodles and other small dishes. The prices are also very reasonable (note that $7.74 HKD = $1.00 USD).

譚仔雲南米線 review
our meal... for 2
In the end, we got this "Everything Noodle". Their bowls are so big! And their portions are so big... it is so affordable. We also got a side dish of Spicy Chicken wings.

This bowl of noodle only cost $45! The bowl of noodle was more than enough for both of us to share. The broth was very rich, made with various of meats and fish. There were a lot of pig offels inside. This was so filling that we kept fighting to force the other to finish the rest!



譚仔雲南米線 review
hot spicy chicken wings
These hot spicy chicken wings were good... they were considered a bit on the pricy side (I mean... their huge bowl of noodle was only $45 while these chicken wings were $23). The chicken wings were marinaded in SiChuan style spicy sauce. There were about 5 chicken wings.

譚仔雲南米線 review
Iced Lemon Tea

Like most Hong Kong places, their Iced Lemon Tea was served with 4 slices of lemon and a right amount of sugar syrup was added. 


譚仔雲南米線 review
very affordable
I really liked the food I had here. It was very affordable and very tasty. If you are ever very hungry, you should definitely come here to eat. (Thanks Keiko for the recommendation!)

Score: 9/10
Address: 旺角豉油街 50號1樓
Hours: everyday: 11:30-23:10

1 comment:

  1. thanks for a thorough review, I pass by this place every day with out realising how good it is

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin