Thursday, January 14, 2016

Sukiya 牛丼店 review


how their store front looks

Eversince landing in Japan, I have been seeing Sukiya shops EVERYWHERE! ... they are extremely affordable each set meal would cost from ¥480 - ¥800. The day I finally decided to go was when their store front attracted me... usually guys eat at this place but I saw lots of families in this one so I walked in.

the set
This set was only ¥480!

the soup was a sort of vegetable and pork fat soup. It was tasty but I found it rather fattening... I could see the oil on the surface and the bits of pork fat. However, I find this soup delightful during a cold night.



table layout
Since they serve salads for some of their combos, salad dressing was available. Their complimentary drink was a kind of cold/iced rice/barley tea. The ginger paired nicely with the beef. And if you are not a fan of plain rice, they had a "7 flavoured powder" to sprinkle onto your rice.

only ¥480!

The meals was very filling. The beef was well marinated and the portion was big. I highly recommend this! Especially when you are on a budget :P

Score: 8.5/10

3 comments:

  1. しかし、松田屋がいい

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you tried Yoshinoya before?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE Sukiya! Yes, they are found everywhere in Japan but the food is so good and soooo cheap! I agree that mostly guys go eat there. There has been a few occasions when I went and there was a few other female customers other than me that were eating there.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin