Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Santouka Ramen part 2 review

So, I decided to give Santouka a second try because I refused to believe that everyone likes their ramen so much and yet, I found it average.... Please read Part I here.

Something worth mentioning: Service was excellent!

Santouka Ramen review, Toronto 91 Dundas Street East
Miso Ramen with Salmon Rice

Salmon rice
It was paired with seaweed 
I was impressed with how fresh and well cooked the salmon was although the I wished it would be better if the salmon was more raw.... is it just me or do you also prefer salmon that is more raw... rare...? (which is correct here?)

Miso Ramen
The Ramen was definitely less salty/savoury... but still wasn't tasty... I do not like the ramen they serve at this place... they feel dry and the soup is too oily. I like the ingredients... they were all very fresh. I didn't like how the egg was too well cooked... I prefer the watery half cooked eggs provided by other ramen shops.

Santouka Ramen review, Toronto 91 Dundas Street East
Kara Miso Ramen with Pork Rice

Pork rice
The pork bits were a little salty 
They were layered with some fresh green onions and were drenched In some broth... I liked the broth.

Kara Miso Ramen
It was my first time trying Spicy Ramen... I find the taste quite interesting... it definitely added a intriguing taste to it... but despite that... I still found the ramen to be dry and oily (similar to the regular Miso). I did enjoy the fresh bamboo shoots though.


Verdict:
After this visit, I am convinced that I am not a fan of their ramen... I know that a lot of people love their ramen... but I am not a fan at all... I find that their ramen are quite pricey compared to most places but do not like the quality... I was quite impressed with their rice which came with the combos. Service was excellent!

Ramen: 7/10
Rice: 8.5/10
Service: 10/10

Overall Score: 8.5/10
Address: 91 Dundas St E, Toronto, ON M5B 1E1
Phone: (647) 748 – 1717
Website: http://www.santouka.co.jp/en/

1 comment:

  1. I've only been to Santouka once and it was a very long time ago. I don't even remember what their ramen taste like except I remember I didn't really like the broth that much. It probably didn't leave a too big impression on me because I have never been back since that one time, lol. I do agree that their ramen is kind of expensive though.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin