Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Xiao Long Bao (小籠包) Shanghai Dim Sum Restaurant review


love the open kitchen

One day as I was passing by Brimley and Sheppard area, a restaurant called Xiao Lung Bao caught my attention... out of curiosity I peeped inside, and saw it was full (it was 9:00pm on a Thursday night). This has lead to my first visit to this place.

impressions:

  • very clean
  • casual environment
  • service was quite good (waitresses were quite attentive)
  • food was prepared really well



Shanghai Rice Cakes 上海年糕 ($8.99)
This dish was very delicious. It was savoury. They had used Gai Lan "branch" bits to fill the dish along with a marinated savoury chopped choi.

There was enough meat to make filling and noticeable.

The Rice cakes were cooked to a perfect chewiness.

I highly recommend this to those who are big fans of Shanghai Rice cakes.

drunken chicken 醉雞 ($12.99)
This was perhaps their most expensive pricey dish on their menu ($12.99).

I found this dish to be very authentic... but it had a bit of an overwhelmingly taste of alcohol.

Other than that, I found the chicken to be quite fresh... the chef has taken out all the bones of the chicken and rewrapped the chicken soaking it into some Chinese wine.

I would recommend this dish to those who like Drunken Chicken and can stand a heavy alcohol taste.

Crab Meat Xiao Lun Bao! 蟹粉小籠包 ($7.99)
I would say that these are the best Crab Meat Xiao Lun Bao's I have ever had in Toronto... they were cooked to a perfect and wrapped to a perfectly thin Xiao Lun Bao . The soup was cooked to a perfect consistency and cooked to perfection... there was a strong presence of crab flavouring was absolutely delicious!

look at all the crab meat!! 小籠包
The crab meat was wrapped in the middle of the pork meat. Absolutely delicious!

I recommend this to everyone who likes food (:P)... and not allergic to crabs

score: 9/10
website: no website
phone number: (416) 291-0123

  • Phone numbe(416) 291-0123

  • Phone numb(416) 291-0123

4 comments:

  1. 小籠包!!!!小籠包小籠包!!!!! There's a restaurant called 小籠包??!?!?!?! how can I not go?????

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm Shanghainese, going to see if it is authentic ^_______^

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin