Thursday, October 30, 2014

Axia Restro Bar Cafe and Bubble Tease review

photo credits: www.gtarestaurantguide.com

Axia (located at Pacific Mall) has been one of the first Korean/Japanese restaurants I have ever visited (back when I was a kid). It was one of the first Korean/Japanese restaurants which opened in the Markham area.

I remember the craze everyone had when it first opened. This was the first place where I had my first bubble tea... visiting this place was cool when I was kid. (well... visiting Pacific Mall "P Mall" was fascinating to begin with :P).

A few weeks ago, I had the opportunity to return to this place... and seriously, it was no disappointment... I was really impressed with their bubble tea. I'm not sure if Bubble Tease took over or if it was always Bubble Tease.

I really appreciated how they had a Japanese open style kitchen so that I can see how my food was being prepared.

what I ordered and how it looks
Tempura Cheese cake - $4.99

Description:
  • Tempura-ed a plain Cheese Cake
  • sided with a scoop of Vanilla Ice Cream with Chocolate Syrup and Strawberry Syrup

Impressions:
  • hard
  • tasty
  • ice cream made the 


Matcha Aloe
Matcha Aloe -  $3.60 (teaser size)

Description

  • Matcha milk + iced tea w/ aloe vera

Impressions:

  • very good Matcha combo
  • lots of Aloe Vera bits
I really like Matcha... but sometimes, I feel that bubble tea shops either overdo or under-do the flavour... so I was a bit skeptical when I ordered this drink. To my surprised... It was really good! The Matcha was very smooth and texture was perfect! Absolutely love this drink!

Tropical Dream
Tropical Dream - $5.10 (teaser size)

Description:

  • Coconut ceylon slush w/ starmango jelly


Impressions:

  • has a very strong coconut slush
  • not a very strong Ceylon taste
  • slightly too sweet
  • lots of starmango jelly

I got this second bubble tea because the server told me that if I ordered a second one the one with lower price will be 50% off... since the first one tasted so good, I decided to get a second one.

Since the Matcha was so good, I had high hopes for this drink. The find the coconut taste to be very strong, in fact, too strong that I could not taste the Ceylon tea at all!... There was a lot of star mango jelly to enhance the taste... but... I found this drink to be a bit too sweet... 

Environment:
The servers were also very attentive and nice, they were also very helpful. I really liked the environment, the way the tables were set up, I felt like I had enough privacy.

Score: 9.5/10
Website: no website

6 comments:

  1. this place brings back so much memories! I used to hang out here after school! Azn pride!

    ReplyDelete
  2. going to this place used to be a luxury to me....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. same... I'm glad the prices didn't go up so much :)

      Delete
  3. Oh cool. We should go there together someday! I remember this place and the bubble tea. I haven't been to pacific mall in ages, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes we should!!! I haven't seen you since April!!!!! T_____T
      Shall we meet at PMall? :P

      Delete

LinkWithin