Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Moxie' s @ Fairview Mall Restaurant review

It has been quite a while since I have dined at Moxie's at Fairview Mall... when  I learned they have a new Executive chef (Chef Brandon Thordarson)... I was eager to give this place a visit.

Moxie' s @ Fairview Mall Restaurant review Wild Mushroom & Truffle with Crispy Sage
Wild Mushroom & Truffle with Crispy Sage Pizza
Wild Mushroom & Truffle with Crispy Sage $15 1/2

Description:
herbed cream cheese & Grana Padano 
optional: add grilled chicken for an additional cost. <-- we did not add grilled chicken

impressions:

  • very tasty
  • lots of herbs
  • filling

I was really impressed with this Mushroom Pizza... it was delicious! The Mushrooms and the Truffle were empowering and made the pizza very tasty (I didn't even miss the meat in this dish). The Sage really added an extra touch to the pizza making it absolutely addicting.

Moxie' s @ Fairview Mall Restaurant review Asian Chopped Salad
Asian Chopped Salad + Grilled Chicken Breast
Asian Chopped Salad $15

Description:
  • grilled chicken breast & crunchy vegetables tossed in sesame dressing, 
  • topped with taro root crisps + toasted sesame seeds

impressions:

  • loved the crispy taro pieces
  • tasted very nice
  • did not notice the sesame seeds

I am usually not a big fan of salads, but this salad made me get seconds... first, I found the crispy taro bits very tasty, they enhanced the salad by making it more fun to eat. The grilled chicken breast was very tasty. The random vegetable pieces were all thinly and nicely sliced into consistent shapes and sizes making it look very delicate. I was a little disappointed I couldn't taste the sesame seeds though.

Moxie' s @ Fairview Mall Restaurant review Bruschetta
Brushetta
Bruschetta $8 1/2

Description:
Fresh tomato & bocconcini atop crostini

Impressions:

  • could be more flavourful
  • needed more herbs 

I wasn't a big fan of this dish... in fact, I found it quite bland... there was simply not enough flavour as I had hoped. I have tried this Bruschetta a few years ago (where they used goat cheese), and it had more flavours added to that dish... I enjoyed the crispiness of the leaves... but felt that the bruschetta tasted too bland. It would help if they could add more herbs to enhance the tomato and bocconcini flavour.

Moxie' s @ Fairview Mall Restaurant review Herb Chicken Alfredo
Herb Chicken Alfredo
Herb Chicken Alfredo - $17

Description:

  • Penne with herbs
  • Sautéed onions on asiago cream
  • Grana padano


Impressions:

  • lots of sauce
  • loved the garlic toast
  • very filling
  • needs more salt

I really appreciate Alfredo... it is one of my favourite Italian pasta sauces.... and I was glad that Moxie's was able to make this dish quite well... my only concern was that it was slightly lacking salt.

Verdict:
I will definitely be coming back for more dinner trips... in hopes of trying different dishes that Chef Brandon Thordarson has to offer.

score: 8.5/10
website: http://www.moxies.ca

8 comments:

  1. it has been ages since I have been to Moxie's too!! Glad they have a new chef and menu!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope their Alfredo Chicken still tastes the same.... that's my favourite dish there....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. umm... I can't say whether it tastes the same... but it's quite good :)

      Delete
  3. oh no!! the Bruschetta is not the same anymoer T_________T

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never been to the Moxie's at fairview before. I went to the one at Yorkdale like 6-7 years back, lol. I don't quite remember what it was like anymore....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh really?? yes... I haven't been to Moxie's in quite a while... and I guess there aren't a lot of Moxie's in dt :S

      I like their new menu :)

      Delete

LinkWithin