Thursday, October 16, 2014

T&T green onion pancake review


 green onion pancake
While going to T & T I came across these Green Onion Pancakes... they were approximately $2-3 a pack (which contains 5 pancakes). Since I have been craving Green Onion Pancakes for a while and these were so affordable I decided to get myself a pack.

back of packaging
I was surprised to learn that these were from Taiwan...

Directions:
  1. no need to add oil, just heat up a pan
  2. place frozen pancake into pan and wait till it turns golden brown on both sides
frozen green onion pancake
impressions:
  • very easy to make
  • tastes strongly of Green onions
  • Green Onions were very fresh
  • batter (or Pancake) was not tasty, lacked flavour
  • pancake was very dry


finished product
Verdict:
I was very happy with how easy it was to make this pancake, I liked the freshness and strong flavour from the green onions but was very disappointed in the taste of the actual pancake and how dry it was... the pancake was very hard and it made my mouth very tired from chewing.

score: 6.5/10
website: no website

5 comments:

  1. oh! I saw these... was reluctant to get them though

    ReplyDelete
  2. as a rule of thumb... avoid all T&T food products!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you have to fry them with low heat to allow it to cook thoroughly. I recommend you to add a bit of oil to give it a crispy taste.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin