Monday, May 27, 2013

Collagen Hydrating sleeping mask by Watsons review

Collagen Hydrating sleeping mask by Watsons review

First off, what are sleeping masks? Sleeping Masks are facial masks which you put on your face before you sleep and wash it off when you wake up. After hearing about these masks I was really excited to give them a try because they seem very cool (imagine wearing a gel mask for 8+ hours!)

Collagen Hydrating sleeping mask by Watsons review
see how white the product is? it is transparent when you put it on your face (skin)


I was acquainted with Watsons Collagen mask (屈臣氏骨膠原睡眠面膜, ) while shopping in Hong Kong so I picked it up after hearing about them from various makeup gurus.

As I learned Collagen is a type of ingredient which helps our skin build its firmness and "bounce".  Collagen strengthens skin and gives it elasticity, it also prevents wrinkles (due to aging of skin), you can see the importance Collagen plays in skin care. This mask also hydrates the skin.

I have to say, I haven't had any other sleeping masks, but after using this one, I have to agree that this will be one of my favorite sleeping masks EVER!! Reason being is

1: it smells good (just lightly scented);
2. It is very affordable (I have been using this for over 6 months and there is still A LOT of product left (as         in, I have only used 30% of the product);
3. I have noticed a significant different after using it just for the first time;
4. it is affordable;
5. Time saving (hydrating and taking care of your skin while you sleep!)
6. You can feel the gel working
7. there is definitely more "elasticity" to your skin after using it

With Pros, you will expect there to be Cons, one of the cons I would say (and this is a comment for sleeping masks in general, not just specifically for this product) would be the fear of leaving this product on your pillows, stuff animals, pajamas, blankets, etc. The first time I used this product, I kept panicking and waking up due to the fear of getting this product all over the place... after doing some research online, I discovered that sleeping masks only require you to apply a small amount (as if you are applying face cream/lotion) instead of "large amounts" as you would with other clay/cream masks.

Before bed, put a small amount of product on your face and wash it off the next morning. After using this mask, my skin instantly felt hydrated and smooth, I also noticed the significant change to my skin's firmness, the feeling is very good, I highly recommend you to put on your favorite toner, serum and moisturizer after washing this product off (as you would after using other masks).

Overall, this is a great mask, I using it 2-4 times a month and with each use, I feel my skin feeling healthier and smoother. I would rate this mask 9/10!

9 comments:

  1. Sounds like an awesome mask! But does the mask get absorbed into your skin? Because I'd feel so uncomfortable sleeping with cream on my face and getting it all over my hair. =(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it is an awesome mask! :) it doesn't "absorb" so you use a very thin layer. The thin layer will "sort of" dry up a little so you don't feel it and it won't go on your hair/bedsheets/pillow/etc :)

      Delete
  2. 屈臣氏啲骨膠原面膜咁好㗎? 要試試先~

    ReplyDelete
  3. They changed the packaging to yellow... but the mask is still the same :)

    - Venus

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh... I thought this packaging looked nice enough... I wonder why they changed it...? :(

      Delete
    2. who knows... I guess they want to make it look "less watson's..."

      Delete
    3. hmm... maybe... but what's wrong with it being Watson's... I like Watson's! lol

      Delete
    4. corporate people are weird... I guess :S

      Delete

LinkWithin