Thursday, August 27, 2026

SEPHORA COLLECTION Oil Infusion Hydrating Lip Oil Cherry review


Before I begin this review, I want to mention how flawed and dumb the design of the packaging is! It always tips over and knocks everything on my desk onto the floor, creating a huge mess! This happens at least once or twice a week!

Whoever thought it was a great idea to make the base too small, the container too heavy, and the shape too rounded… 🀦🏻‍♀️

Whoever came up with this design needs to be sued!! πŸ˜‚

The product, on the other hand, is actually good!

I chose the Cherry shade, which is a sheer red. It has a nice, soft scent that doesn't linger, and it gives my lips a subtle glossy tint without being overly sticky. I also really like using it on top of lipstick because it enhances the colour and gives my lips that slightly glossy, polished look.

What surprised me is that, unlike a lot of lip glosses I've used, this one doesn't leave my lips feeling dry after wearing it. It gives me the glossy effect without that uncomfortable, sticky feeling I sometimes get from traditional lip glosses.

The only downside is that the shine doesn't last very long — it disappears pretty much immediately after eating or drinking, so I do find myself reapplying it throughout the day.

A lot of people have compared this to Clarins' Lip Comfort Oil, but having used both, I think they're actually quite different.

Clarins is thicker and feels more substantial on the lips. It's also much more of a self-contained product that I can wear on its own. This one, on the other hand, works really well on top of lipstick. I think of it more as a finishing product that adds a little shine and tint rather than something I would necessarily wear by itself.

The applicator

The applicator is a thin paddle, and it gives me just enough product to cover about half of my lips at a time. I actually really like this because it gives me good control over how much product I use. I never feel like I'm accidentally putting on too much.

Pros:

  • Sheer cherry-red tint
  • Soft, pleasant scent that doesn't linger
  • Adds a subtle glossy finish
  • Works really well over lipstick
  • Not overly sticky
  • Doesn't leave my lips feeling dry
  • Paddle applicator gives good control
  • Easy to apply without overusing the product

Cons:

  • THE PACKAGING. >___<
  • The container tips over way too easily
  • The small base + heavy, rounded container is a terrible combination
  • Not as versatile as Clarins' Lip Comfort Oil
  • Sheer colour may not be enough for people looking for a more noticeable tint

I've had quite a few bad experiences with Sephora-branded products, so I'm actually really glad this isn't one of them!

Well… except for that cursed container. πŸ˜‘

The product itself is good. The packaging, however, is a completely different story. πŸ˜‚

Score: 8.5/10
Website: https://www.sephora.com/product/oil-infusion-hydrating-lip-oil-dragon-fruit-P518068?country_switch=ca&skuId=2882843&om_mmc=ppc-GG_2024543160_70610901974_pla-420315098113_2882843_354815103824_9000895_c&gclsrc=aw.ds&gad_source=1&gad_campaignid=2024543160&gbraid=0AAAAADnIXb3bCW9bDDDCyCKwNIDqBTFpk&gclid=CjwKCAjwhZDUBhBGEiwAbi5bjueJrPyuKnZGDqVIq-vIZ6e7CdaiVkF0Cbslqa5gADNYSlAI9CaGaxoCAXEQAvD_BwE

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin