Thursday, February 16, 2023

Lay's Chicken and Tomato flavoured chips short review

樂事薯片香濃雞汁番茄味 (北美板版)

I found this Lay's Made in Canada versions of Chinese (Mainland China) regional flavours, Chicken and Tomato chips. 


impressions:
  • same Lay's signature texture and thickness (or rather, thinness, Lay's are thin)
  • they are Made in Canada? :O
  • has a strong tomato taste (but not like ketchup chips... only tomato and sweet)
  • a slight chicken taste (sort of like chicken broth)
  • they replaced the saltiness with sweetness :( WHAT??? they used sugar instead of salt!
  • the taste is subtle, unlike most Canadian Lay's chips (e.g. Ketchup, Classic, Barbeque, etc)


I was disappointed with the chips being sweet. I like my chips, savoury, and they took that away with these chips :(... this might be a cultural thing where the Chinese prefer sweet chips? (Or rather, Asians prefer sweet chips. I'm thinking of Chinese sweet snowflake crackers, Japanese sweet Cheetos and Korean honey curls.).

I enjoyed the tomato flavour (not to be confused with ketchup chips). The tomato flavour was light and sweet, with no tanginess. There was the chicken flavour, but it was more of a brothy chicken flavour instead of real chicken. These chips reminded me of the Baked Chicken and Tomato rice dish.

It isn't bad... but I really wished they used more salt and less sugar.

Score: 7.8/10
Website:  no website

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin