Thursday, March 11, 2021

O'Keeffe's Working Hands Hand Cream review

O'Keeffe's Working Hands Hand Cream review

These were the two years where I willingly washed my hands constantly. It caused my eczema to come back, thankfully I had Crabtree and Evelyn's hand creams, they saved me. I didn't want to only have one type of product ready and wanted to try different hand creams. A few months ago, while bingeing on Youtube videos, I noticed that a lot of Youtubers were recommending this product. A lot of the videos claimed that this hand cream helped them so I decided to give it a try. 

details of product

This hand cream is cheaper compared to Crabtree and Evelyn's but more expensive compared to most drug store hand creams. They claim that it is unscented, non-greasy, and hypoallergenic.

The selling point is it is great for extremely dry cracked hands and all you need is a pea-size amount. 

There isn't a lot of ingredients.

It is also clinically proven to 
  • instantly boost moisture levels
  • create a protective layer on the skin's surface
  • help prevent further moisture loss

consistency of product


These are my impressions (after using it for 2 months):

  • it lives up to its unscented, non-greasy, and hypoallergenic claims
  • all you need is a pea-size (it is way more than enough)
  • the texture is very firm, like a hard type of cream (think silicone type)
  • it did not boost the moisture levels of my skin, if anything, it made it worse
  • it made the tips of my fingers cracked (one fingertip, bled)
  • it created a protective layer to prevent moisture from entering and leaving my skin

I find it ironic how this cream which was supposed to prevent my hands from dryness and cracking, ended up making my hands crack... imagine the horror when I saw my skin getting dryer with each use. I haven't had any skin cracks on my hands for over 20 years and they came back! The skin on my pointer finger (on my left hand) got so bad that it started bleeding! Thankfully I had Crabtree and Evelyn's hand cream to relieve it and fix the problem!

While this product does not cause my hands to sweat (I have extremely sensitive skin and when I use products that contain certain harmful ingredients, they sweat) but it caused my hands to crack!

I asked my mom to use this with me and while her hands are less sensitive than mine's, she said that there was nothing special about this hand cream.

I am extremely disappointed! I wasn’t even able to use touch id for weeks :(

score: 2/10 GIMMICK

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin