Thursday, April 4, 2019

Reusable Glass straws review

my glass straws

If you reached this post from my daily blog... thanks for visiting both my blogs :), and welcome to my reviews blog!

It has been a while since I wanted to buy reusable straws. Unfortunately, reusable straws aren't so big in Japan... in fact, most people have never even heard of them. 

I forgot where I first heard of glass straws, but I was intrigued the moment I heard about them! I couldn't find them in Japan so I went on Amazon (my new friend) and bought them there. 

thicker than plastic straws

pros:


  • they do not affect the taste of the drink! (a total win!)
  • I am not bothered by the fact they are slightly thicker than regular plastic straws
  • does not conduct heat
  • makes my drink feel more "expensive" (no plastic taste and these glass straws can stir my drink properly)
  • easy to clean (just buy a straw cleaner)
  • the finish is really nice and smooth

cons:

  • they can be loud when I stir and they hit the cup
  • this hasn't happened but sometimes I'm afraid they might break (so I need to be gentle)
  • the glass (possibly tempered glass) feels strong and sturdy, but at the end of the day, glass is still glass
One of my pet peeves is when plastic straws add an unnecessary strange plastic taste to my drinks (I notice these things). I was happy to not have that problem when I was drinking from these glass straws. The drink tastes exact as how it should... and they are environmentally friendly. 


score: 9.5
link to where I purchased them (not affiliated): https://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/B07LCGPMN8/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I will talk about my experiences and do a review on the stainless steel straw here (link available on April 9th)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin