Thursday, December 6, 2018

Fatburger Japan review

FatBurger Japan

I always thought that as close as we (Canadians) are to the US, we should at least know all of their chains by name... even if we haven't tried them. But turns out, there are always treasures to be unfolded, and this time it is FatBurger! 

I work with a few Californians and they were SUPER excited to learn that FatBurger had opened their first store in Japan! 

Fatburger is everywhere!
It seems FatBurger is in most of the Northern Hemisphere... but I wonder why they never came to Canada...
the menu, click to see a clearer version

I took a quick look at the menu and thought the prices were very reasonable. FatBurger is known for their "Works" 

The Works means each burger has:
  • mayo, lettuce, tomato, pickles, onions, relish, mustard and a patty.


waiting number
I enjoyed reading their facts on their waiting number cards. They were a nice distraction... service was a bit slow though...

wet tissues and napkins and salt and pepper
you know you are in Japan when they offer wet tissues at the table XD

receipt
This was what I ordered... I wish the staff was more attentive... when I asked for the set, she said the set only includes fries and no drink... (which was weird because I was very sure it included a drink) but when I looked at the receipt, she only put in fries... which means I did not have a drink.... (seriously... I was so frustrated.... -________-||)

this shake was thick!
While the shake was EXPENSIVE... it was really delicious... I'm not sure whether it is worth the huge (¥800) price tag though... if the staff didn't mess up my order, I would have had a drink... grrrrr....

the burger... drools
This is what the burger looked like. It was delicious.

To be honest, I thought the serving looked slightly small (as I was starving). But towards the end, I found myself struggling to finish it. (and I don't think it was because of the fries or shake...)

The burger was juicy and loaded with flavours, each "works" item was very prominent and played its role in the burger.

Sometimes, especially in Japan, I find the need to add additional sauces (ketchup) or salt/pepper. But for this burger, I didn't feel the need to.

fat fries

I was really impressed with their fat fries... they were crispy on the outside and creamy on the inside. They were very filling. And it is very unique to Fatburger!

the burger again :P

Before I end this review, I want to comment on the location of the store. I do find it slightly out of the way as it is located in Men's 109. And what I felt was very unfortunate is that it is located next to Shibuya crossing... and yet, there are no street views... or windows... for that matter. 


score: 8.5/10 will definitely go back again (I prefer Fatburger to Shake Shack in Ebisu)
website: https://www.fatburger.com/japan/

1 comment:

  1. I must be living under a rock this whole time to not know this!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin