Monday, April 29, 2013

L' Occitane en Provence Shea Hand cream for dry skin

L'Occitane en Provence Shea Hand cream for dry skin review
L'Occitane en Provence Shea Hand Cream

While I was in Hong Kong L'Occitane en Provence was just making their debut and every where I went, they were hard selling their facial products especially their Immortelle Divine Cream. I haven't heard much about their hand products though.

While looking around the store, I was recommended and acknowledged by their beauty consultants that this Shea Hand Cream (for dry skin) was their best seller, they let me try some and I bought it. It was quite expensive though, for just 30ml of product it cost $12

L'Occitane en Provence Shea Hand cream for dry skin review
consistency like butter

I have had this product for about a month now, and I can say, a little goes a long way, reason being is because I do not have "really dry skin" so using a pea size amount of product is more than enough. The product is nicely lightly scented (a little similar to baby products but for adults). Their product is very buttery, hence called Shea (for Shea butter).

This cream is great for winter because it produces a "protective" layer for your hands, keeping them well "moisted". This cream does not irritate sensitive skin (I have really sensitive skin, and it did not create any irritation at all).

photo credits: http://ca.loccitane.com/shea-butter,19,1,1334,0.htm

Although the container resembles Crabtree and Evelyn's, (especially the cap), the body is actually made of plastic. This makes it easier to squeeze out hand cream and normal tube squeezers may be used. Also, putting this container in your purse will not create dents or sharp edges because it is made out of plastic.

At the end of the day, I think this product is nice, but a little too pricey, if you are into the buttery, natural feel of hand cream I would suggest this product, as it would leave your hands with a silky smooth greasy finish as if they have been coated in butter. That being said, because your hands are so buttery, it will also be tough to work with them, your phone, keyboard and everything you touch will be coated in this product and it will be difficult to do things like: take pictures, send text messages. I would recommend to use this product if you are going for a walk or you won't be using your hands much.

website: http://ca.loccitane.com/shea-butter-hand-cream,19,1,1334,25907.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin