Tuesday, October 6, 2026

Kit-sch seamless elastic Hair Ties review

 


One moment I was looking for good-quality hair ties; the next, these Kit-sch (or Kitsch) started popping up everywhere! 

They are all over Instagram (in the form of ads and recommendations) and all over Amazon as suggested items to have.

At Kitsch, hair care isn't just a routine -- it's a lifestyle. We're dedicated to being your favorite brand for high-performing, evolved essentials that are super cute and crafted as sustainably as possible.

I've used phone-cord elastics (which eventually pull on my hair), traditional scrunchies (which never truly fit my hair volume — tying them twice is too loose, but three times is too tight), those SHEIN hair ties that look like these (they get stretched out after about three uses, and the small elastics break after the first couple of uses), and Dollarama hair ties (they're too firm and pull on my hair).

So you can see… I haven't found a hair tie that I can truly commit to because they all failed me in one way or another — or, for some, in multiple ways.

So… I gave in.

With such a small risk — they're only $10 for 20 hair ties — I figured, if they're good, I've won! If they aren't… well… at least I know. πŸ˜‚

So I did.

And I like them!

First impressions:

  • Soft but firm (you wouldn't understand until you actually felt one)

  • Withstand water quite well — I showered with these hair ties in my hair, and they didn't lose their shape, form, or elasticity

  • Have a sort of mochi mochi (bouncy) texture

  • They don't tug on my hair (this is important!).

  • Don't pull my hair out (this is also important!)

First, I want to say: they are good, and I like them!

They're affordable given their quality, and the first time I took them out of the box, I couldn't help but notice just how firm and yet soft they are.

I don't have a lot of hair, and my hair is on the fine side, and yet these hair ties hold my hair firmly in place!

Kitsch Seamless elastic Hair Ties

Pros:

  • Available on Amazon!

  • They don't snatch my hair

  • They don't tug or get caught in the tangled mess of my hair

  • Stretchy and flexible enough to hold my hair

  • Firm enough to stay in place

  • They don't stretch out

  • I use them in the shower, and they still hold their shape and elasticity

  • I've used one for at least 3 months, and it still looks and works like brand new!

Cons:

  • Only available online (although you can sometimes find them at Marshalls, TJ Maxx, Winners, etc., but there's no guarantee)

  • The selection can vary depending on where you buy them

  • They do leave a dent in my hair after I take them out

Overall thoughts

After trying so many different types of hair ties and finding something wrong with almost all of them, I'm honestly surprised by how much I like these.

They're soft without being flimsy, firm without pulling on my hair, and stretchy without becoming loose after a few uses. Most importantly, they actually stay in my hair without feeling like they're fighting with my hair. πŸ˜‚ 

The fact that I've been using the same one for at least three months — including in the shower — and it still looks and works like new is probably the biggest selling point for me.

These might finally be the hair ties I can commit to!

Conclusion

I went into this purchase with very little risk and honestly didn't expect to become this impressed with a hair tie. πŸ˜‚ But after trying so many different types that either tugged, stretched out, broke, or simply didn't work with my hair, Kitsch has managed to check almost every box for me.

They're comfortable, durable, water-resistant, and actually hold my fine hair in place without pulling it out. For something as simple as a hair tie, that's a pretty big win! However, that being said, they do leave a dent in my hair after I take them out, so if that is something you are concerned about, then these might not work for you. I'm not concerned, as it gives my hair a slight wavy look.

Score: 9.9/10
Website: 
https://www.mykitsch.ca/collections/hair-ties/products/eco-friendly-nylon-elastics-20pc-set-black

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin