Tuesday, March 7, 2023

Canada McDonald's Spicy Chicken McNuggets review


5 years ago, I had McDonald's Spicy Chicken MuNuggets in Japan, and they were good. I gave them a very high score. Last month, I had the chance to try the Canadian version of these spicy nuggets and I was very excited to see how they are different from the Japanese ones! The first thing I noticed was that the packaging is very different from the Japanese one... which is good.

McDonald's Spicy Chicken McNuggets

The second thing I noticed about these nuggets is that they look darker than the regular/original Chicken McNuggets... the sizes and shapes look similar to regular nuggets.

I wanted to note that the Canadian McDonald's Spicy Chicken McNuggets don't come with a special sauce (the ones in Japan did). 

Impressions:
  • very crispy
  • thicker batter than regular Chicken McNuggets
  • quite spicy (especially compared to the Japanese version)
  • heat builds up

a close-up of a spicy chicken McNugget... you can see the crispiness

According to McDonald's website, the spiciness is created with a blend of aged cayenne and chilli pepper!

I believe them because the spiciness of these McNuggets caught me by surprise. I wasn't expecting them to be that spicy (the spiciness is bearable but I wasn't expecting these nuggets to be that spicy). I really appreciated the thicker batter which made the McNuggets very crispy. Beware, the heat builds up... I had to drink cold water on my 3rd McNugget! 

Score: 9.5/10

1 comment:

  1. Canadian spicy is better than Japanese spicy

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin