Thursday, June 18, 2020

Tim Hortons Chicken Noodle review


I left Toronto 4 years ago, with Timmies being a coffee chain... fast forward to the present, and I see their hot food items in grocery store aisles! Since I am in the middle of a pandemic (seriously... how many times have I wrote this already?... 3 times, 4 times?) I decided to give their canned soups a try. 

I loved eating at Timmy's during my undergrad days... their soups, especially, were fresh and felt homemade. It was a cheaper alternative to our campus' Starbuck's and it filled my belly without killing my wallet (keep in mind, I was a student back then).

Upon doing some research, I have learned that they have discontinued Chicken Noodle Soup from their store menus... so this is a perfect alternative to those who crave their Chicken Noodle soup (in fact, probably a better alternative since you can make this at home).


When I dumped everything from the can, I was slightly disappointed in how different it looks from the image on their can... but it did smell like their store-bought soups. 

No extra water needed... I just had to boil the soup and it is ready to eat.


It looked slightly better in my soup bowl where you can see more pasta and veggie bits. 

impressions

  • good soup
  • a fair ratio of liquid vs pasta/veggies
  • wish there were more pieces of chicken


I was quite impressed. Although they didn't have as many pieces of chicken as they did at their store, it was a hearty bowl of soup. 

score: 8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin