Tuesday, January 30, 2018

群馬県 - 鹿火屋 Kahiya sweets shop review

I found this review unfinished sitting in the back of my drafts folder, so I thought I should finish it... I visited this Sweets Shop in November 2017.


It is Kouyou season (紅葉)!!!  We are excited so we decided to go up to Ikaho, Gunma (伊香保、群馬県.

My friend took us to a place called: 鹿火屋, which literally translate to Deer Fire Shop, is a traditional Gunma Prefecture (群馬県) snack shop (和菓子屋).


as pictures are worth a thousand words, I will let you be the judge of this place. I, for one, found it fascinating, it was very uniquely Japanese and very traditional.

abacus used to calculate your orders

simple menu

seating area

we order pretty much everything on the menu

source of fire to keep us warm and toasty

unfortunately, this source of heat made my clothes stink... but still nice

grilled yam skewer

watching the chef/master do his job

I wasn't much of a fan of the food, I felt it was too bland. It wasn't filling either. But if you are up for an interesting experience, to see and feel another side of Japan, I would suggest this place.

score: food: 7/10; atmosphere: 9.8/10
no website
Address: 1329-127 Kaminoda, Yoshioka, Kitagunma District, Gunma Prefecture 370-3606
Phone: 0279-54-3920

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin