Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Daiso's Socks Glue review

Daiso's Socks Glue review
sock glue from Daiso

Sock Glue.. is it a gimmick or does it really work?

A few years ago (when I was still studying Japanese), my Sensei (or professor) told us about a product called Sock Glue, he explained that in Japan, female students are required to wear knee high socks as part of their uniform, but sometimes and very often... their socks will fall. In order to prevent this from happening, Japanese companies decided to create a product which will glue the socks on their legs so that their socks won't fall (cool product huh?).


Because of this information, I was fascinated about this product to this day. One day, while I was shopping at Daiso, ta-da, I found it! It was only ¥100 so I got it... 

I decided to test it out...  I tried them for my knee high socks and some camisoles (I sometimes find them a bit too revealing). I was excited...

BUT... it didn't exactly work...

firstly, it felt like glue for paper... just as thin and just as watery... 

secondly, you need a lot of it... you literally have to soak the fabric with it or else it wouldn't even stick... the fabric kept absorbing all the glue... so it was difficult to stick it on your skin. 

thirdly, because your skin "moves", this causes the glue to loosen its grip and end up peeling off all together with your fabric (sock/camisole).


unfortunately this was a great idea... but it didn't work at all... absolutely disappointed...

score: 1/10... (I guess it is a good glue for paper...)
classified: GIMMICK
website: no website

2 comments:

LinkWithin