Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Japanese version of North American Chocolate bar snacks [review]


Japanese version of North American Chocolate bar snacks [review]
Aero, Crispy Crunch and KitKat
Hey Everyone!

I hope you are all great!! I hope you all have been following me on Facebook where I do short reviews and updates! Sometimes certain products are quite hard to write full reviews on, so I would just give a short simple review on my Facebook page.

Aero:

Because of the square-ish shape and larger size, this Japanese version of Aero forced me to bite into the chocolate instead of letting it melt like the North American version. It does maintain it's taste but there is a weird sugary residue left in your mouth after you have indulged the chocolate. But, it did have Aero's special bubbly feeling when it was  partially "melting".

I might be biased, but I prefer the Canadian/North American version because it was smaller and easier to melt in my mouth. It also did not leave a weird sugary residue.

score: 5/10

Crunch:

This was the best out of these 3! There were lots of rice crisps in each piece and they made the chocolate so much more exciting and flavourful. The texture was very "crispy". Since there were more rice crisps, the flavour was more rice "cakey" and less chocolate. Either way, it was tasty!

I prefer the Japanese version to the American/Canadian version because there were a lot more rice bits.

score: 9.5/10

KitKat:

quite disappointed... I see why the Japanese KitKat company is always innovating new Kitkats (e.g. roasted KitKat, Matcha Kitkat, Sake Kitkat... etc.) because their original Kitkat kind of taste bad...

The North American version is SOOOOOOOO much better... compared to the Japanese version, the North American version is filled with a creamy layer of sweet milk chocolate whereas the Japanese original Kitkat has a weird bitter cocoa taste (not dark chocolate kind of cococa...) that makes it taste bad... the lack of milk taste in the chocolate also adds to bad taste (cocoa does not have a strong taste either).

score: 7/10

It was definitely interesting trying these 3 candy bars in Japan. When I found them, I didn't expect them to taste any different from the North American versions... I thought they were the same... however, my tastebuds told me I was wrong. The next time I head back to North America... I am definitely stocking up on Kitkats and Aeros!

3 comments:

  1. I have never tried the original flavour of kit kat that is sold in Japan. I thought it'd be the same as the American version. I really like the original flavour too but I also like the other many flavours that Japan has as well!

    You should try the Hokkaido potato fries that they sell at the Calbee+ store. THEY'RE SO GOOD! I can't wait to go back to Japan and buy more of them, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought so too!! actually... I was hoping it would taste better than the already tasty American version.... I was so disappointed :(...

      Delete
  2. I hate Japanese chocolate! Japanese Chocolate is tasteless

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin