Thursday, September 3, 2015

Nan Wah Restaurant 南華餐廳 review

This post might not appeal to those who are not fans of eating animal organs... so don't say I didn't warn you! This review is about the Nan Wah Restaurant located in Ho Man Tin.

Nan Wah Restaurant 南華餐廳 review
mixed fruit cocktail with Sprite
This drink was surprisingly good... I didn't expect it to taste good... in fact, I wasn't even expecting it to be tasty... if you have a chance, I suggest you try it (or make it at home :P) I think the price was $8 HKD (approximately $1.02 USD).

Nan Wah Restaurant 南華餐廳 review
beef organs $60 HKD

Beef organs $60 HKD (approx. $7.75 USD)
One of my favourite foods in this world are beef organs... I know it doesn't sound too appealing... but trust me... they are good!  They usually consist of: beef liver, beef kidney, beef stomach, beef lungs and beef intestines.


Impressions
  • Very filling
  • Well seasoned
  • intestines were too fatty and oily


I loved how well seasoned and marinated these Beef organs were. Canadian version cannot be compared at all. At first, I was quite surprised that it was quite pricey (as this is only a "casual" cafe)... but after the dish came, I realized the portion was huge! I couldn't finish it... I was a bit disappointed with the intestines as I felt they were slightly too fat and oily.


Score: 8.8/10
Address: 何文田窩打老道67號A地下
(67 Waterloo Road. Shop A G/F Ho Man Tin, Hong Kong ).

4 comments:

  1. Is this the same one as the one in Wan Chai?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I checked... the one in Wan Chai closed... so there is a possibility they moved to Ho Man Tin (this place).

      Delete
  2. I LOVE beef liver! But not beef lungs and intestines. =P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha really? we can share a dish next time... I love beef lungs :P XD

      Delete

LinkWithin