Wednesday, September 7, 2016

My Beauty Routine overview Sept. 2016



hey everyone,

so let's kick off September (my birthday month) with some skin care routine (I call these my beauty products because I don't use make up as much as other girls... I believe in taking care of my skin rather than covering up blemishes).

Sometimes I feel like I just keep talking but I haven't really explained what types of items I use to keep my skin hydrated... so here is a bit of an overview of the products I am using right now.

I emphasize "NOW" because I alternate products. A chemist friend told me that if you keep using the same products over and over again, your body will adjust to its properties and they wouldn't work as well.


  • IMJU Naturie Skin Conditioner (Japanese)
  • Clinique's dramatically difference moisturizing lotion + (French)
  • It's SKIN Power 10 Fomula CO EFFECTOR with Phyto Collagen (Korean)
  • Padina's Eye Lash Conditioner (American)


Whoa... so before I wrote this post, I had no idea that all my products came from different countries...


I will talk about each product briefly and then if I feel that it can be a post on it's own, I will do so in a future post.

1. IMJU Naturie Skin Conditioner (Japan)
IMJU Skin Conditioner Simple Moment Blog Skin care Routine
IMJU Skin Conditioner

This product is heavily advertised around drug stores in Japan, it is almost impossible to miss this product in any drug store... and because of that... (in a small voice) I am a sucker when it comes to advertising, I bought this product.

This product has multifunctions: first, it can be used for both your body and face and secondly it can be used as 1. a toner and 2. a mask.

I use this as a toner by using it right after I cleansed my face, since I am not a fan of Cotton pads, I just pour some onto my hands and pat it on my face.

I haven't used this as a mask yet, so I can't comment as to how useful it is (when I make a full post on this product, I will do so.

As a skin conditioner for my body, I just apply it like lotion to my arms, legs and body and apply my usual vaseline or Crabtree and Evelyn body lotion over. This conditioner really helps my skin absorb the lotion better.

2. Clinique's Dramatically Difference Moisturizing Lotion + (France)

Clinique dramatically different moisturizing lotion + Simple Moment Blog Skin care Routine


This was my mom's favourite product and it quickly became mine's too. I used to hate this product as a kid because it was scentless and it looked boring.

But, a few years ago, after washing my face the skin became so dry that I had a terrible skin tightening feeling (felt like my skin was going to rip apart. This was because of the Canadian dry climate making my skin feel so dry), my mom gave me 2 pumps of this lotion and it instantly relieved the dryness and pain. Ever since then, I fell in love with this product.


3. It's SKIN Power 10 Formula CO EFFECTOR with Phyto Collagen (Korea)

It's SKin Power 10 Formula Co Effector with Phyto Collagen Simple Moment Blog Skin care Routine


This product claims it is SKIN SAFETY TESTED and that is is "Clinical Skin Solution".
I actually have bought almost the whole set (picture will be uploaded later) because the price is affordable and it has a glass container (did I ever tell you that I was obsessed with glass containers?). I think this is a fair serum for the price you pay but it could be improved... the effects are not long lasting.




4. Padina Eyelash Conditioner (USA)
Padina Eyelash Conditioner Simple Moment Blog Skin care Routine
Padina Eyelash conditioner

This product was sent to me by Padina. The product claims that if you use this product for 3-4 weeks your eyelashes will grow to be fuller. The concept is putting nutrients to your eyelash follicles and help your eyelashes grow better. Unlike other similar products, this product claims to use only natural and organic ingredients.

You use this like an eyeliner and apply it as if you are drawing an invisible line on your waterlines.



2 comments:

  1. I tend to like sticking to use the same products because I usually don't know what new product to try cuz there are too many choices out there, lol. But I do change some of my products from time to time like my eye cream/serum and shampoo and stuff.

    I also strongly believe in taking better care of your skin than to cover it all up with a bunch of makeup too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it is hard to choose... I wish they gave out samples like they used to... how is it possible to know whether a product is good for you until you have tried it?

    I like how most stores in Japan let us try the product before buying though...

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin