Tuesday, June 21, 2016

McDonald's マクドナルド - LOCO MOCO (ロコモコバーガー) burger review

McDonald's マクドナルド - LOCO MOCO (ロコモコバーガー) burger review

Loco Moco burger (ロコモコバーガー)... is heavily advertised everywhere! If you are in Tokyo, it is hard not to see it. It is no hidden fact that the Japanese are obsessed with anything Hawaiian, so it makes sense that McDonald's would create a Loco Moco Burger (ロコモコバーガー) in Japan!

McDonald's マクドナルド - LOCO MOCO (ロコモコバーガー) burger review
meal combo

Of course, as a blogger, why would I miss the chance to try this limited edition burger? The first things which attracted me to the burger was 1. the poster (who can resist the Hawaiian beaches?) 2. 2 burger patties, 1 slice of cheese and an egg... enough said... take my money! (:P)

McDonald's マクドナルド - LOCO MOCO (ロコモコバーガー) burger review
this is one messy burger x.x

After doing some quick research (e.g. Google) I discovered that Loco Moco is a traditional Hawaiian dish which consists of white rice, topped with a hamburger patty, a fried egg, and brown gravy. (source: wikipedia). That explains the egg and the brown gravy contained in this hamburger.

McDonald's マクドナルド - LOCO MOCO (ロコモコバーガー) burger review

impressions:

  • very filling
  • sauce had a spicy element (but it wasn't spicy...)
  • gravy was not flavourful enough (a bit bland)
  • the gravy and the mayonnaise complimented each other very well
  • the burger was well stacked (everything was put together in a perfect ratio and amount)
  • the slice of cheese did not play a big role
  • quite messy... the sauce kept dripping


McDonald's マクドナルド - LOCO MOCO (ロコモコバーガー) burger review

If you are planning to try this burger, prepare to get your hands messy... the gravy is very runny making it challenging to eat this burger without getting your hands and clothes dirty. I really liked this burger... but I think it needs a slight improvement: I wish the sauce was more spicy and flavourful and that the cheese had a stronger presence. Other than that... I really liked this burger!

score: 8/10

4 comments:

  1. 美味しいそう!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol I don't know why the Japanese love Hawaii sooooo much. Yamapi LOVES Hawaii too. He's been there many times for work and vacation. I guess Hawaii does look really nice with the blue sky and the beautiful and colourful sunsets there but it is TOO HOT for me! (-____-")

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha I know!! they are obsessed with Hawaii and Hawaiian culture! I haven't seen so much Hawaiian food/culture/clothing since... since... forever :O
      my students and friends keep raving about Hawaii to me... so I'm not sure if it is super commercialized or whether it really is that great.... :S

      Delete

LinkWithin