Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Burt's Bees Fabulously Fresh Peppermint & Rosemary Body Wash review


Burt's Bees Fabulously Fresh Peppermint & Rosemary Body Wash

hey guys! After being MIA for a week, I'm finally back with a review!! I hope you have been well... Today, I would like to share with you my views on Burt's Bees Fabulously Fresh Peppermint & Rosemary Body Wash.

I have always loved Burt's Bees' lip balms... especially the ones which give your lips a subtle pink-ish colour. To be honest, I have only used their lip balms and was unaware of their other products. A few months ago, I was visiting Shoppers Drug Mart and saw this body wash and decided to give it a try.

ingredients
After opening the bottle, I was immediately obsessed with the smell... it has a very candy candy mint smell to it... it was just like I was eating candy cane... but the scent of Rosemary was not present.

directions/caution

Impressions
  • Extremely watery
  • Very minty (like candy cane)
  • No Rosemary scent
  • hard to foam up
When I first pored out the product to the palm of my hand, I couldn't help but notice just how watery it was (compared to most body washes). I also found it extremely difficult to make it foam up. 

Because of the watery-ness (?) of it, I found myself using large amounts of this product to wash myself... I didn't like it. I was surprised that despite it being so minty, it did not leave any minty smell to my skin... and that it did not irritate my skin... it did cause my eyes to water up though.


Pros
  • Lovely mint smell
  • no lasting mint scent
  • does not irritate skin


Cons
  • irritate eyes (I didn't put this on my face... but the smell was too overbearing)
  • No minty cool feeling
  • Need a lot (product is too watery)
  • does not "clean well"


After using this, it will be highly unlikely I will be purchasing this body wash again... to the minimum requirements it should be able to clean... and it didn't do a good job... I enjoyed the mint smell... but hate that it irritated my eyes (when I was just putting the product on my body... (no where near my face). I think they seriously need to improve this product.

Score: 6.5/10
Website: http://www.burtsbees.ca/natural-products/body-washes-and-soaps/fabulously-fresh-peppermint-rosemary-body-wash.html

4 comments:

  1. Like you, I love Burt's Bees lip products, specifically their lip balms. I always tend to pass by the body wash and other products as well, whenever I'm Shoppers or London Drugs.

    I've always been curious about the other Burt's Bees products, as well~ :D Too bad, that this body wash, doesn't clean well, and the fact that you have to use a lot of the product. :x

    xx Courtney

    daiisoo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Courtney!
      thanks for your comment! :)
      yeah... I was very disappointed as I thought all Burt's Bees products were equally good...

      btw, I love your blog! :D

      Delete
  2. that's dumb of them to not put Rosemary scent into the wash

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha... yeah... or they should have left our Rosemary in the name...

      Delete

LinkWithin