Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Greg's ice cream - The Happiest Ice Cream in the World! review



I have FINALLY tried Greg's Ice cream and it is good! No disappointments at all!

Greg's Ice Cream is located on Bloor near Spadina (The Annex). After weeks of hearing my friend talking about this place I knew I had to give it a try.

I went on their website and learned that Greg's ice Cream has been in business for nearly 30 years! After trying their ice cream I think they will be in business for many more 30 years!

Greg's Ice Cream is special ice cream place, with a variety of flavours, They range from "normal" flavours like vanilla to weird flavours like Star Anise. I didn't have the guts to try their Star Anise flavour, instead I got Rum Raisin.

I was really surprised by the amount of Rum they dreneched the raisins in, most of the time, when I order Rum Raisin, they usually taste like raisins + vanilla ice cream. This was not the case at Greg's... I finally know what Rum Raisin should taste like! On top of that, the ice cream was very creamy. I hear their Roasted Marshmallow is extremly popular, the next time I go, I will definitely check it out!

The shop is small with only a few tables, which is alright since it is located in downtown where people would rather go and explore than sit and eat their ice cream.

The downside I would say is that you can order what they offer that day, they do not offer all flavours every day, instead, they have a "what's serving today" and you choose from that. It can be a good thing as you know that the ice cream must be "fresh" but not so if you are going there expecting a specific flavour.

Overall though, this is definitely one of the best ice cream places I have ever tried (especially in Toronto), with a reasonable price and an amazing high quality. I think I will spend much time (and money) at this place this summer!

To see all the "Greg's Ice Cream" reviews I have written, please click here.

website: Greg's Ice Cream

2 comments:

  1. I've never heard of this ice cream place before but sounds like it's pretty good! Maybe we should go one day! =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't hear it before my friend recommended it! Apparently it is really famous, people from the US and other parts of Canada come to visit this place @.@

      yeah!!! let's go one day!!! :)

      Delete

LinkWithin